What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops? is a devotional written by singer/songwriter Laura Story that is based on her Grammy Award-winning song “Blessings”. The song chronicles her journey toward redefining the blessings in her own life. When Laura’s husband Martin was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Laura and Martin came to realize through studying God’s Word that sometimes “God actually blesses His children through the very absence of the things they pryar for.” Each of the 30 devotions follows a specific format;
1. A Bible passage introducing the theme of the devotion.
2. A concisely-written devotion that gets right to the point.
3. Applicable quotes from Christian writers and theologians.
4. Additional topical verses from God’s Word.
5. Laura’s final reflection and summary.
6. A page on which to journal your own thoughts and responses.
If Laura’s song has given you a new perspective on your ministry downsizing or career loss, this book will amplify that experience through Laura’s in-depth examination and discussion of her lyrics. For those of you who are not familiar with the song, you will gain valuable insights into your devastating loss as well as encouragement that Jesus always is with you and can use your trials for His purposes.